With over half a million Canadians living with Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia, chances are you know someone living with dementia. As our population ages, this number will nearly double by 2030. However, we can better support those affected by dementia through understanding and knowledge. Learn to be a Dementia Friend in this presentation by the Alzheimer Society of British Columbia that will address:
- What dementia is, common myths
- How to recognize someone in the community who may be living with dementia and how to help.
- Learn communication strategies
- Know how to better support people living with dementia in their community
- Reduce stigma, raising awareness
Please register in advance for each event and include your email address in order to attend.
- The Library will share an invitation to the Zoom meeting via email 24 hours in advance of the session.
- Please contact the Library if you have not received an email. We may be unable to email invitations to the Zoom meeting if you register less than 60 minutes before the start of the program.
If you have questions about this program, contact Aman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rachel at email@example.com