The third session in our speaker series will focus on Black History in BC. You will hear from
- Stephanie Allen, a Board Member of Hogan’s Alley Society who will talk about the history of the Black community in BC, including what experiences they dealt with.
- Valerie Jerome, a former Olympian, educator and political activist about her experiences growing up in BC.
- Vanessa Richards, artist and community activist about Black artistic and cultural expression in BC
There will be time for questions from the audience.
When registering for this event, please specify if you will be joining us in person or via Zoom.
- The Library will share an invitation to the Zoom meeting via email 24 hours in advance of the session.
- Please contact the Library if you have not received an email.
- We may be unable to email invitations to the Zoom meeting if you register less than 60 minutes before the start of the program.
Other events in this speaker series include:
To learn more about this program, please contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to the Province of British Columbia for providing us the funding for this series. This program is supported by the BC Multiculturalism grants.